[SAoC] 'DPP with Linux kernel headers' Project Thread

Cristian Becerescu cristian.becerescu at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 20:39:59 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 29 October 2019 at 13:34:50 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> What exactly is the problem?

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

I've written a simple example where dpp fails to generate valid D
code for the problem I mention earlier. The example is in this
gist (for syntax highlighting):
https://gist.github.com/cbecerescu/9a114bb92b23bd8e275a8eae08c6cc2f

The problem is that getters and setters in A_struct are not
generated for the 'c' and 'd' fields from 'union _Anonymous_2'.
In fact, not only they are not generated, but, as you can see in
the last few lines in the gist, the last 2 generated functions
don't make any sense (they don't access any field from
_anonymous_5, and so compiling this will fail).