D enters Tiobe top 20

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 09:36:33 UTC 2019

On Monday, 4 November 2019 at 09:32:56 UTC, NaN wrote:
> On Monday, 4 November 2019 at 09:03:04 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
>> Good news, everyone!
>>
>> D has entered the Tiobe top 20 ranking of programming
>> languages [1], landing on the 18th position. I have been
>> keeping an eye on this index, and it is for the first time
>> that I see this happening.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> RazvanN
>>
>> [1] https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/
>
> You'd think with all the press rust seems to be getting lately
> it'd be higher up than it is?

It kind of sucks that even in the announce on the Tiobe site they
say "Rust is at its peak", even though it is on the 25th
position, but they do not mention anything about D getting in the
top 20.

I think that all this Rust hype is artificial and people with
large codebases that started looking into it are not that pleased
with it.