D enters Tiobe top 20

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Wed Nov 6 11:43:30 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 6 November 2019 at 09:40:29 UTC, drug wrote:
> On 11/6/19 8:02 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>
> For example in Rust it's very hard to implement tree where
> nodes can point to both its parent and children because in
> trivial case both parent and child node are borrow each other
> that is impossible in Rust.

Trees are like computer science fundamentals and they are located
in a wide variety of programs. Having a link to the parent is
mandatory for doing a fast sorted walk through the elements in
tree. You can do it rust but that means unsafe code and also you
cannot use the memory management of Rust. Maybe with a reference
counted object it will be easier.

I'm trying to wrap my head around that they created a language
that cannot support simple, common and fundamental algorithms
used for more than a half of a century. The designers of Rust
should have known better.