DIP 1025--Dynamic Arrays Only Shrink, Never Grow--Community Review Round 1

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Nov 11 22:28:05 UTC 2019

The idea is to be able to guarantee memory safety. I've spoken about this in my
presentations and DConf, and that's clearly what DIP25 and DIP1000 were targeted
at, and my proposals for an Ownership/Borrowing system for D.

This is where the industry is moving. Even C++ is heading that direction:

   http://open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/papers/2018/p1179r0.pdf

This proposal is written by Herb Sutter, and is no joke.

We either get on the bus or get run over by the bus.