DIP 1025--Dynamic Arrays Only Shrink, Never Grow--Community Review Round 1

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 22:33:14 UTC 2019

On Monday, 11 November 2019 at 22:28:05 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> We either get on the bus or get run over by the bus.

Frankly speaking, I've read such argumentations a lot of times
along many years in the D history: the concurrency chapter of the
D Programming Language is here to testify that this type of
argumentation should be avoided, in a technical discussion.

Let's move forward from that, and let's try to find a sound
solution to the memory safety problem, but without killing the
language in the attempt.

There's no hurry: D is _already_ a safe language, thanks to your
intuition of 20 years ago to bake the GC.