Why do C++ programmers are not interested in D?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 19:20:21 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 24 November 2019 at 17:53:18 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> On Sunday, 24 November 2019 at 13:47:42 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
> Now if the metric is having GUI toolkits in C++, like those
> from the 90's, then yeah it pretty much lost it, with Qt, WinUI
> and wxWidgets being the last ones standing.

Basically all GUI engines are written in C/C++, but thanks to
current CPUs and JIT compilers you are basically better off using
a high level language that can do hot updates (updating the GUI
of a running application).

Also, several typical C projects transition to C++. I expect that
trend to continue, even if the transition ratio isn't
overwhelming:

https://www.openhub.net/languages/compare?utf8=%E2%9C%93&measure=projects&language_name%5B%5D=cpp&language_name%5B%5D=c&language_name%5B%5D=-1&commit=Update