Prototype of Ownership/Borrowing System for D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 00:10:41 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 24 November 2019 at 21:51:08 UTC, Doc Andrew wrote:
> I just saw this article that might be helpful:
> https://plv.mpi-sws.org/rustbelt/stacked-borrows/
>
> I'm dealing with sick kiddos today so haven't had time to go
> over it in much (any) detail, but it looks like an attempt to
> solve the aliasing problem caused by raw pointers when passed
> to otherwise safe code.

Looks more like it is defining what authors should not do in
unsafe code for Rust to make optimizations under the assumption
that unsafe code is wellbehaved. Then they provide an interpreter
that dynamically borrow checks tests by running the code... In
order to capture situations that rust cannot deal with
statically. Or something to that effect.

TLDR; they specify undefined behaviour in order to enable
optimization.

Probably the opposite of what you are looking for?