Whats holding ~100% D GUI back?

thedeemon dlang at thedeemon.com
Tue Nov 26 13:23:26 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 at 12:15:57 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> - Windowing (screenshots, notification messages, system tray)
> - Render pipeline is from AAA games, the only person I trust
> with designing it is Manu
> - UI automation (if you don't have this you can literally be
> sued and that ignores the customers you will loose and bad
> press in general)
>
> Event loop, while it does exist you can't hook into it. See
> glib's event loop to see something *actually* acceptable.
>
> Theme management is mostly there, not quite what I would
> suggest, but it is there.

Ok, fair points, sorry for the rant. Meanwhile for those with
less strict demands, please don't be afraid to use the UI
libraries that are not in active development. It might just
indicate all the things original author wanted are already there.