Some thoughts

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 14:38:33 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 at 13:15:02 UTC, berni44 wrote:
> On Monday, 25 November 2019 at 19:59:21 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:
>> Red is a good branding colour. Noticable and memorable. Yellow
>> is a bit more noticable, but red is still very effective.
>>
>> Very successful in marketing as well: Coca Cola, etc.
>
> Well, Coca Cola tries to address people who like risks. There
> red is the right colour. But think of a company who calmly
> decides between several languages. They don't want danger, they
> want something serious.

I guess we just have to agree to diagree, red is a very common
logo/profiling colour. But you are perhaps thinking of companies
like IBM that use blue and black, which is very corporate and
perhaps give an impression of something serious, but also very
very boring. The original Microsoft logo was also pretty bad, but
their colourful Windows logo was actually quite good. Same with
Google, simple uplifting design (with red). Colourful logos are
difficult to design, but I think they work better and are more
memorable.

Anyway, the original name for D was Mars, so red makes sense for
that reason alone. I personally prefer logos that retain the
history.

Also I don't think a corporate profile is a good idea, because
then expectations would be... a ready-made with no changes and
little user activity.

But this is just bikeshedding anyway :) It probably doesn't
matter much unless you target mainstream consumers.