Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 12:13:42 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 3 October 2019 at 11:59:08 UTC, mipri wrote:
> comes up? Any one of the actual problems, as opposed to the fake
> problem of "you can't just download D stuff and use it the way
> you can with Python."

IMO a package manager is only needed for scripty throw-away
programming. I sincerely doubt it has a big effect on serious
application development.

If you build something with a long horizon you don't need a
package manager. The time it takes to download and build
libraries from github is negligible compared to the overall
development time. Besides, if you build something big you also
ought to understand the code you are using and the build process,
even if it is a library. You have to be able to maintain the
library in case it is abandoned...