Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 11:54:33 UTC 2019

On Friday, 4 October 2019 at 09:34:16 UTC, Chris wrote:
> The node.js world is crazy, in my opinion. Your whole project
> depends on some "obscure" packages. It's a big gamble and a
> maintenance hell. In my experience, such projects are for

Yes, although I do use Angular, which also pulls in a lot of
dependencies, but then I expect Google to do the maintenance.
Anyway, there is a big difference between having many
dependencies on something that runs on the server (bad idea) and
using a framework that runs client-side in the browser "sandbox".

> foundation and build on that. Some fancy things are easy to
> achieve with bog standard JS and CSS (transitions,
> transformations etc.), this has the advantage that you're in
> control and you don't depend on some obscure packages. A lot of

That's true. I believe the "culture" of using libraries for such
things come from around ten years ago when browsers had very
different feature sets.

The exception is when you implement a UI with a standard
look-and-feel. Like Google Material, which has an animated
counterpart in Angular.