Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Oct 4 15:02:36 UTC 2019

On Fri, Oct 04, 2019 at 02:14:33PM +0000, Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> The simplest would probably be to add an external build step in Xcode
> to compile the D code, which should produce a static library. Then
> just link with that static library. It's a bit simpler on iOS since
> everything is native code and there are nothin like JNI that needs to
> be handled.
[...]

FYI, on Android there *is* a C API in the NDK that you can use to
interface with the OS. IIRC Java/JNI is not strictly necessary, though
it's certainly more convenient since a large number of built-in
resources are only accessible to Java (esp. the various GUI components).

I chose the mixed Java/D route mainly so that I can just leverage off
the Java stuff that's already built-in, instead of homebrewing
everything from scratch in D.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito. -- Jan van Steenbergen