Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 18:09:09 UTC 2019

On Friday, 4 October 2019 at 17:41:15 UTC, Chris wrote:
> The guy is obviously biased, but he has a point. Kotlin devs
> will not want to move to Dart, and who knows how long Flutter
> will last, till the next cool framework comes along?
> Personally, it's too React-ish and Angular-ish for my liking.

I don't know, but Google is using Dart internally and also
control Android, so it might currently be the best option for
cross platform. Anyway, if it all is open source, then the code
will be there even if they drop it.

So, I have no experience with Flutter, but it seems to be more
mature than it was a few years ago.

It doesn't really matter all that much whether people want to
transition or not. If Google don't drop Flutter then the
business-cost-savings will be more important than what
programmers want or don't want...

Anyway, since the layer under Dart is C/C++, then it should be
possible to port Flutter to other languages.