Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Oct 4 18:37:48 UTC 2019

On 2019-10-04 16:14, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> I can give some answers related to iOS, although I'm not that guy
> working on the iOS project.
>
> The simplest would probably be to add an external build step in Xcode to
> compile the D code, which should produce a static library. Then just
> link with that static library. It's a bit simpler on iOS since
> everything is native code and there are nothin like JNI that needs to be
> handled.
>
> For interfacing between the Swift/Objective-C code either the
> `extern(C)` or `extern(Objective-C)` can be used. DStep [1] can generate
> bindings to Objective-C code.
>
> I think it should be possible to implement an application completely in
> D as well.
>
> [1] http://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep

I can also add that it's not possible to create plugins for Xcode. It
does support extensions but so far it's only possible to access and
manipulate the source code. Can't add support for new languages, can't
add new build types or similar.

It's probably possible to build an iOS project without the help of
Xcode, just look at the commands Xcode is invoking and replicate those.
Can probably use Dub as well with the help of pre and post actions.

--
/Jacob Carlborg