Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Jack Applegame japplegame at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 08:01:15 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 at 10:01:40 UTC, Rel wrote:
> https://nim-lang.org/blog/2019/09/23/version-100-released.html
>
> Well, finally Nim team released 1.0. Now future releases
> shouldn't break people's code and this fact should increase
> language adoption. Still few things seems to be unfinished
> (like their NewRuntime thing), but I'd like to congratulate
> Nim's team with this big release. What do you think about it?

I recently tried Nim. The first good impression was quickly
replaced by disappointment.

No nested types, constants and functions. Poor generics and
templates (but macros are great). Primitive modules system.
Unclear error messages.

But. Nim's GC (including boehm) is much faster then D's one. And
Nim compiler creates very compact binaries.