Issues ... Edition 87

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 13:35:58 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 10 October 2019 at 11:15:20 UTC, Carsten Schlote
wrote:
> Or even simpler code like this:
>
>  import std.json, std.stdio;
>  void main()
>  {
>      JSONType c;
>      writefln("%s", c);
>  }
>
> This triggers lots of completely useless deprecation warnings.
> Obviously the code above is completely fine, and there is
> nothing (!) I could do to stop the compiler from emitting the
> completely useless messages.

This is a known issue with deprecated enum members and the
EnumMembers template. There's a discussion about it ongoing on
the frontpage of this very forum, but the problem is there's no
clean way to fix it without changing the semantics of the
language. It's an unfortunate interaction between language
features that was hidden by a bug that was recently fixed.