Most popular programming languages 1965-2019 (visualised)

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 15:26:08 UTC 2019

On Friday, 11 October 2019 at 13:59:35 UTC, Chris wrote:
> It'd be interesting to study software, hardware and IT
> technology in general in terms of the Austrian School - Ludwig
> von Mises and Friedrich von Hayek [2].

I don't know much about the Austrian School, unfortunately.
Are you thinking about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_business_cycle_theory

> I think the period from 1970 till today is the perfect example
> if one wants to analyze how systems evolve, which turns they
> take, the various forces that work within them - and how the
> state still hasn't figured out how to control IT. Fascinating.

Yes, that is true. Networked computers are creating an
alternative landscape, with alternative real estate and
everything that comes with that.

But I think one would have to think draw on many fields.  There
are some complex social dynamics in this evolution.