Wanted: best way to express default expectations

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 13:00:14 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 12 October 2019 at 16:48:56 UTC, Jesse Phillips
wrote:

> Sorry forgot the foreach break part.
>
> import std.stdio;
> void main()
> {
> import std.algorithm;
> import std.range;
>
> foreach(i; iota(10)
>     .filter!(x => x%2)
>     .until!(x => x>5)
>     .map!"a * a"
>     .filter!(x => x%4)) {
>     i.writeln;
>     break;
>    }
> }
>
> Note this is all done lazily so there is no walking of the iota
> which happens.

This is not exactly what I wanted, but probably the best
alternative overall. At least it's better than in C#, as you
don't sacrifice as much performance for using functional
pipelines.

But I still think an `if_not`, `ifnot` or some similar keyword
would have it's place. Does anybody agree? Read: might it be
worth a DIP?