Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

Gregor Mückl gregormueckl at gmx.de
Wed Oct 16 17:07:27 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 16 October 2019 at 00:33:20 UTC, neikeq wrote:
> Regarding interop with C++, what are your thoughts on tools
> like Calypso? It supports most C++ features, including advanced
> stuff like template instantiation, and it seems to be under
> active development: https://github.com/Syniurge/Calypso

What is the state of Calypso? The last release was in 2014. This
is also the latest tag that was created. Development on master
stopped in 2018. The most recent commits were on branch. I would
have missed that from a cursory look at the commit history (you
have to switch branches to notice!). I don't know when it was
last sync'ed with LDC. If I wanted to use it, how would I even go
about that? How do I get a version that is compatible with recent
versions of D and works / is supported?

My point is: the publicly visible state of the project isn't very
encouraging for potential users.