Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 23:37:47 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 16 October 2019 at 08:13:34 UTC, Chris wrote:
> Does anyone have a plan how to get people on board who want to
> invest time and effort in a sound ecosystem? It seems that D
> hasn't reached the critical mass of users yet that enough
> people are frustrated and thus join efforts to make things
> easier (again cf. Java). How will you guys tackle that?

I come back to forums/mailing list and I cant believe what I
found. A Chris accurately identified a reason for a problem and
is not blaming leadership. Its a miracle!

To make sound ecosystem whatever that means you need resources.
Resources are both people and money. Just thinking about people
you unnecessary limit options for solving problems. Second
frustration is the wrong emotion to motivate people to work on D
or any volunteer organisation. Frustrated people just give up and
leave. To get people involved you need some of these emotions.
Optimism, hopefulness, being part of something bigger, helpful to
others, appreciation, responsibility, ownership.

Now I have been lurking here and on reddit for a few years and
recently I noticed a lot of new people complaining about
extremely negative community. In the past people talked about D
community as being self critical and saw that as positive but
never negative. Looking at this forum activity it becomes clear
that you are the biggest reason why newcomers feel that way. I
would suggest for you to rethink your conduct here so that
newcomer opinion revert to previously held one namely self
critical because at this moment your behavior is in opposition to
your stated goals.