Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Oct 17 15:29:03 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 12:54:19PM +0000, Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 October 2019 at 19:28:35 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[...]
> > It's OK if the language maintainers don't agree with certain points
> > on the survey, but please, pretty please, *make your stance clear*.
> > Please don't keep silence and leave us guessing.
> >  That's *very* detrimental to morale, and given the current state of
> >  D, we need as much morale as we can muster.
>
> I wasn't in my current role when that survey was taken. To be honest,
> I'd forgotten it'd happened (even though I participated!) and can't
> even remember if it was one or two years ago.

That was not directed at you personally, but in general at leadership as
the role.  But anyway, I'm also glad it was brought up again. Hopefully
we'll actually get some concrete results this time round.

> I'm happy it was brought up again, and even though there's no way of
> telling what the results would be now other than doing another survey,
> I'll make a point of taking a look at it going forward.

Perhaps doing another survey would not be amiss.  It would be
interesting afterwards to compare the two results to see how opinions
have shifted (or not).

> String interpolation was very popular at that survey and that's
> happening.

That's very heartening to hear, thanks!

MASM = Mana Ada Sistem, Man!