Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 15:09:02 UTC 2019

On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 11:36:45 UTC, Chris wrote:
>>> Desktop / server only I suppose. How does it scale?
>>
>> Hence the iOS effort.
>
> I couldn't wait anymore. Something so basic (not simple).
> That's when D comes back to bite you. Sad but true.

I have this view. If current libraries or services in all
languages do not satisfy your needs and you want to build your
own solution then D is the perfect language. If you want to take
a bunch of libraries, put some glue code and shit a product then
D is a bad language for you.

I never had false idea that D is full of wonderful libraries for
all my needs so I never had any problem when I didnt found
something in dub. I bet most people have similar view.