Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 16:10:31 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 17 October 2019 at 18:38:31 UTC, Rumbu wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 October 2019 at 17:56:03 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 04:50:15PM +0000, Rumbu via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote:

>>> Wonderful. Then why ask in the first place?
>>
>> He was just trying to understand where you're coming from.
>> Doesn't mean he has to agree with you.
>
> I already stated that my opinion is irrelevant and suggested to
> take the survey as starting point for the Vision. Why ask about
> an opinion if you really don't care? Just to make me feel
> better for ten seconds? Wow, I appreciate.

I definitely care about your opinion. I'm sorry if it came across
otherwise. I asked because I wanted to know what your problems
with OOP in D are, and to know if anything can be done to
mitigate or eliminate them.

> strongly support my opinion: I need a library solution to do
> OOP in D.

I don't understand what you mean by this. What is it about OOP in
D now that you can't get done without a library solution? And why
are library solutions insufficient for those purposes?