Re: Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

drug drug2004 at bk.ru
Sat Oct 19 07:45:14 UTC 2019

On 10/18/19 5:37 PM, Aliak wrote:
> On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 07:56:26 UTC, drug wrote:

>>> That's debatable:
>>> https://github.com/aliak00/d-isms/blob/master/da-faq/06-access-levels.md
>>
>> You complain that `doAmazingStuff` can access private members of class
>> A if this function and this class are placed together in one module
>> and continue complain that if you put that class in its own module
>> then `doAmazingStuff` now cannot access private members of A and isn't
>> a "first class" citizen of class A. Could you explain you position
>> clearly?
>
> My position on what? No private access is the consequence of moving a
> function out of a module.
  That's probably my misunderstanding but I think you took a bad example
to show the problem.
You state that:
1) it is bad that `doAmazingWork` has private access to class A members
if it is in one module with class A
2) it is bad that `doAmazingWork` has no private access to class A
members if it is in an other module than class A

In my opinion these statement are contradictory