Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

John Belmonte john at neggie.net
Sat Oct 19 13:04:26 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 at 13:09:15 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This thread is for general feedback and discussion regarding
> Átila's blog post on his vision for D's future.

> Safe and easy concurrency

I'd like to make another plea to get on board with structured
concurrency.  That includes having a standard cancellation
mechanism.

https://forum.dlang.org/thread/ndirsnblaktyfellckil@forum.dlang.org

Futures -> bad.  Quoting Nathaniel Smith:

https://trio.discourse.group/t/structured-concurrency-in-rust/73/14