dmd failure compiling in release mode with dub

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Mon Oct 21 18:37:38 UTC 2019

On Monday, 21 October 2019 at 10:26:35 UTC, Antonio Corbi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Under GNU/Linux and dmd 2.088.0, when compiling in release mode
> (dub build -b release) a small project that uses gtkd I get a
> pair of lines like these:

> tym = x14
> /usr/bin/dmd failed with exit code -4.
>
> And compilation fails. I've tried to reduce the code (in order
> to fill a bug) like this:
>
> dub dustmite ../DM -b release
> None => No
> object.Exception at DustMite/dustmite.d(271): Initial test fails
> (try using --no-redirect for details)
> ----------------
> ??:? _Dmain [0x556e23f7bfd1]
>
> But I cannot pass over there (i.e. I don't know how to pass the
> --no-redirect option to dustmite when calling it from dub).
>
> Is there something that I can try to make dustmite reduce the
> code?
>
> My code compiles and links ok with dmd in no-release mode.
> The same behaviour happens with dmd 2.088.1 and 2.089.0-beta.1.
> It also compiles ok in release and no-release modes with
> ldc-1.17.0.
>
> Antonio

Hi,

You have to tell Dustmite what it has to look for. If I
understand your case correctly you have to add argument
--compiler-status=-4

But please have a look on this page for more Dustmite arguments.
There are other options too like linker or program status values
and even regex searches on the output of compiler/linker/program.

https://dub.pm/commandline

Kind regards
Andre