Programming language for GIMP fork's rewrite

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 2 03:18:02 UTC 2019

On 09/01/2019 11:57 AM, Kamran wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> People who forked GIMP, a popular open source image editor are
> discussing on which language to choose for their rewrite at [1] and they
> are considering D. Maybe some of you can help them out.
>
> [1] https://github.com/glimpse-editor/Glimpse/issues/70

Such discussions are always to make people feel good about their wants.
Regardless of the pros and the cons, the language that they "want" will win.

And there is nothing wrong with it: People are too scared to scream "I
want to write this in X" so they have to have a discussion to be quiet
about it: "obviously, we needed to use X."

Ali