Programming language for GIMP fork's rewrite

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Mon Sep 2 08:00:27 UTC 2019

On Monday, 2 September 2019 at 03:18:02 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 09/01/2019 11:57 AM, Kamran wrote:
>
> Such discussions are always to make people feel good about
> their wants. Regardless of the pros and the cons, the language
> that they "want" will win.
>
> And there is nothing wrong with it: People are too scared to
> scream "I want to write this in X" so they have to have a
> discussion to be quiet about it: "obviously, we needed to use
> X."
>
> Ali

Regardless of the reasons of the switch and for the sake of the
project they should put up a matrix of features/support for
different languages and investigate what is their best fit.
Basically it could be a list of requirements.

I think the question for this forum should be more in the form
"Does D support X and Y" and "How could this be solved in D". In
this case we could be helpful.