[GSoC] 'Independency of D from the C Standard Library' progress and update thread
sdi1600105 at di.uoa.gr
Thu Sep 5 17:56:07 UTC 2019
On Thursday, 5 September 2019 at 17:30:54 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> Is the implementation of memory allocation of the C standard
> library ever going to be achieved?
> - Alex
It depends on what you mean "achieved". Let me state some
- Why do you want that memory allocator ?
- What this allocator should be able to achieve ?
- Why the libc one is not appropriate for the job ?
- Why no other allocator is appropriate for the job ?
- Can we create and maintain this allocator ?
These questions are presented humbly. And they are important.
The fact that I did not set and answer such questions firstly _to
for the first part of the project, meant that I did the project
yet all this work was just thrown away as far as the D community
More information about the Digitalmars-d