DIP 1021--Argument Ownership and Function Calls--Final Review

Max Haughton maxhaton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 05:10:19 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 19 September 2019 at 04:41:50 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 9/18/2019 6:03 AM, 12345swordy wrote:
>> Which I am assuming you be creating a DIP that tackle the data
>> flow analysis issue in the future right?
>
> That's the plan. I even wrote an article about it on the D blog.

Is the plan for @live - or whatever it gets called, dip2000? - to
be one big dip or incremental chunks over time?

Also, at AST level or something lower? (Although I imagine it's
feasible at AST level I can't help but see it being difficult to
abstract, assuming it plays in the same pit as the rest of the
sema)