DIP 1021--Argument Ownership and Function Calls--Final Review

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 21:39:31 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 19 September 2019 at 20:34:47 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> [snip]
> Is there a language that uses this, or is it entirely new?

I understood it as being a mixture of pony’s reference
capabilities and Rust’s borrow checker, but I could be wrong.

I don’t think the addition of DIP 1021 precludes the future
addition of unique the way I read it. The addition of unique
might need to take DIP 1021 into account.