Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 17:36:44 UTC 2019

On Friday, 27 September 2019 at 14:48:39 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> I think I am going to chalk this one up to karma.

Well, I don't know.  It is easier to evolve UIs today, so I
believe this will change, but it will take several iterations to
get there.  But I guess a new paradigm for evolving software is
needed, an approach that is more iterative and REPL oriented
perhaps.

Nobody would want to design electronics using only a text
editor... they have capable visual tooling. But they started out
with a visual representation on paper so it was a translation
from paper, that probably made adoption easier.