Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 01:31:57 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 29 September 2019 at 20:39:19 UTC, Ecstatic Coder
wrote:
> And as a "true" C++ alternative, D is far from being the best
> choice. I'd rather choose Rust, Zig and even Nim for my typical
> C/C++ use case, despite indeed it's obviously *possible* to use
> D for that, precisely because I know D's major pain points.

In all fairness, D started out as an alternative to C++, but
didn't align it's semantics when C++11 came. That would be
necessary to get good integration. At this point it is too late
as Rust and other alternatives have reached critical mass.

So, I don't think one can argue this only in terms of "what is"
and "what isn't", timing is a big factor.