Bug on windows DMD v2.0.90.1 ?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 16:57:16 UTC 2020

On 4/3/20 3:56 AM, Luis wrote:
> The error, sometimes throws this :
>
> core.exception.OutOfMemoryError at src\core\exception.d(647): Memory
> allocation failed
>
> Other times simply shows a "Error: out of memory"
>
> And other times shows this :
>
> object.Error@(0): Access Violation

Those are all consistent with my experience when running out of memory.
The error that occurs can either be a segfault, a memory allocation
exception or (on Linux) "Killed" (by the OOM killer).

I think the difference between the exception and the access violation is
that there may be some cases in the compiler where it doesn't check to
see if memory allocation succeeds.

-Steve