Request for Comment assert(__ctfe)

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:47:07 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 8 April 2020 at 10:27:02 UTC, Dennis wrote:

> What now, another hack? Or should we finally think of something
> to make __ctfe work with `static if` / `static assert` proper?

I have tried doing that for a long time and gave up.
the problem is that static if and static assert get done before
ctfe.
and therefore would always see the __ctfe being false.

A language which only allows you to express bubble-sort may have
a good reason for that limitation.
Though I suspect it would come down to religious believes in
mathematical concepts.