"Your statement is 100% correct but misses the entire point"

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:39:00 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 14 April 2020 at 15:31:04 UTC, jeckel wrote:
> I've had to deal with memory corruption bugs in D caused by the
> GC because it was freeing something even though it was still
> being used.

Was that an internal D GC bug or was it something you could fix
with addRoot function calls in your code?

I've had the latter myself - indeed it was a fun time. In my case
I was passing a pointer to an object through a self-pipe. While
the object sat in the kernel buffer, after write(), but before
read(), the GC reaped it. Yikes.