D perfomance

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:24:29 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 22 April 2020 at 14:00:10 UTC, serge wrote:
> My understanding that D is the language in similar ballpark
> performance league as C, C++, Rust.
Equivalent implementation in C, C++, D, Rust, Nim compiled with
same compiler backend should give exact same machine code. What
you see in online language comparisons is mostly comparing
different implementations and how much time people spent on
optimizing.

> why web performance of those 2 web frameworks is so poor
> compared to rivals?

Difference in implementation. My guess is that people writing
those servers didnt had time to spend on optimizations.