D perfomance

serge abc at abc.com
Wed Apr 22 14:00:10 UTC 2020

D has sparked my interested therefore last week I have started to
look into the language and have completed D course on
pluralsight. One of area where I would like to apply D in  web
application/cloud. Golang  is not bad but I think D seems more
powerful. Although during my research I have found interesting
facts:

1) fib test (https://github.com/drujensen/fib) with D  (compiled
with ldc) showed really good performance results.
2) Various Web performance test on
https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r18&hw=ph&test=query show pretty poor performance of D using vibe.d and hunt framework/libraries.  Regardless of type of test - json, single query, multiple query and so on.

My understanding that D is the language in similar ballpark
performance league as C, C++, Rust. Hence the question - why web
performance of those 2 web frameworks is so poor compared to
rivals? I would say few times worse. This is not a troll post by
any means. I am researching if D and D web framework whether it
can be used as  replacement python/django/flask within our
company. Although if D web framework show worse performance than
Go then probably it is not right tool for the job.
Any comments and feedback would be appreciated.