I dun a DIP, possibly the best DIP ever

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Apr 24 16:56:16 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 10:04:30PM +1000, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
>    [1]https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/188
[...]
>    Stefan Koch has helped me with a reference implementation, which
>    has so far gone surprisingly smoothly, and has shown 50x
>    improvement in compile times in some artificial tests.

Very nice!!  I can already see this will improve cartesianProduct's
implementation to reduce the exponential template explosion in the
implementation of the general case. :-P  (I don't think it will be make
it linear, but a first guess is that it will be sub-exponential,
definitely a big improvement!)

As for Walter's counter-proposal on the syntax: honestly, I don't care
what the syntax is as long as (1) it is unambiguous, and (2) does not
compromise the simplicity and power of this DIP in any way.

"The number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again."