Tracy Profiler Integration

Alexandru Ermicioi alexandru.ermicioi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:51:08 UTC 2020

On Monday, 3 August 2020 at 20:36:51 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I am currently integrating the tracy profiler
> (https://github.com/wolfpld/tracy)
> with dmd.
>
> Such that instead of the profiler in druntime, tracy can be
> used for instrumented profiling.
>

> The current progress is here:
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/compare/master...UplinkCoder:tracy?expand=1
>  there are still some teething problems, but I am confident
> that it will be useful soon.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stefan

Hi,

Looked at source code, and wondered, is it possible to have an
abstraction layer between tracy and injected code?

That way we could eliminate tracy depenedency from dmd, and move
it into a library solution, which would then allow us to replace
tracy woth other tools if needed. It also would allow
preprocessing if needed before event would be sent to tracy
server.