Tracy Profiler Integration

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 13 00:32:34 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 12 August 2020 at 14:51:08 UTC, Alexandru Ermicioi
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Looked at source code, and wondered, is it possible to have an
> abstraction layer between tracy and injected code?
>
> That way we could eliminate tracy depenedency from dmd, and
> move it into a library solution, which would then allow us to
> replace tracy woth other tools if needed. It also would allow
> preprocessing if needed before event would be sent to tracy
> server.

I am not sure what you are talking about.
There is no dependency between dmd and tracy.

Are you talking about providing a general profiling interface?
That might be possible but outside of the scope what I am trying
to do right now.
Also keep in mind that the number of layers between the profiler
and the profiled application diminish the usefulness.

To be honest having to link with a library to use tracy already
sucks.
I'd rather inject all the profiling code verbatim, but that's too
involved at the moment.