Does the developers want the people to give suggestions?

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 17:04:22 UTC 2020

On Monday, 17 August 2020 at 16:50:52 UTC, Flade wrote:
> I want to suggest some things (for the switch and the foreach
> loop) and I was wondering, just the developers take
> suggestions? And if yes, did the made anything that someone
> else suggested?

The official, formal way to suggest a language change is to write
a D Improvement Proposal, or "DIP" [1]: a document that describes
the proposed change along with the rationale behind it. Every
major change to the D language has to go through this process,
even changes made by Walter Bright, the creator of D.

Writing a DIP is a lot of work, though, so it's a good idea to
discuss your suggestions with other members of the D community on
the forums first. There are a lot of smart people here with ideas
for how D could be improved, so you're very likely to get useful
feedback.

[1] https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/