help needed to bring Windows SecureChannel to dlang-requests

ikod igor.khasilev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 10:11:25 UTC 2020

On Monday, 24 August 2020 at 09:57:16 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On Monday, 24 August 2020 at 04:06:27 UTC, ikod wrote:
>
>> dlang requests is HTTP/FTP client library, inspired by
>> python-requests. For long time it have support for ssl using
>> dynamic load of openssl library version 1.0 or 1.1 (whatever
>> user have in system). This works fine under Linux and OSX, but
>> not under Windows.
>
> It's the same problem on macOS. Although, OpenSSL ships on
> macOS, it's been deprecated since at least nine major versions
> ago. The recommendation is if you want to use OpenSSL you
> should ship it with the application. One major reason being
> it's not ABI compatible between even minor versions. IIRC,
> OpenSSL doesn't ship on iOS at all.
>
> I would love a version on macOS that uses platform provided
> TLS/SSL implementation.

I think this is possible (thanks for reminding!), I have no
problems with access and programming under OSX.

re your next message about linking with distributed library - I
really dont want to distribute anything in binary form
(especially security libs). I included these files as last resort
for user.