Inline Assembler bug fixes

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Aug 30 21:23:01 UTC 2020

On 8/30/2020 7:58 AM, Mathias LANG wrote:
> Thanks Walter. This kind of targeted work aiming to plug all holes in one
> feature / part of the language is really useful!

I agree. It's also much more efficient to fix bugs this way.

I don't use much the inline assembler anymore, but there is another great use
for it - learning assembly language! Iasm helps because you can concentrate on
learning the instructions while not being concerned about all the boilerplate
needed to create a functioning program.

The Intel assembler syntax (which DMD's iasm uses) is also much easier to read
than the syntax used by others, in large part because it matches Intel's
documentation.