Kernel buffer overflow exposes iPhone 11 Pro to radio based attacks

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Thu Dec 3 14:08:45 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 3 December 2020 at 10:51:09 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 December 2020 at 10:36:45 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>>
>> The whole software stack is 100% written in TamaGo (bare metal
>> Go for ARM SoCs), which obviously you didn't bother to read
>> about on the product page.
>
> The product page doesn't say anything about that, just a link
> to the TamaGo github page in "related resources". However, it
> does say that it supports running Linux and its connectivity
> options suggests that this is the intended use for this product.

A link that you obviously didn't follow.

No it doesn't run Linux at all.

Had you followed the link,
https://github.com/f-secure-foundry/tamago

> The projects spawns from the desire of reducing the attack
> surface of embedded systems firmware by removing any runtime
> dependency on C code and Operating Systems.

And better yet, were you actually curious to learn about TamaGo,
you would eventually land on this CCC talk.

"TamaGo - bare metal Go framework for ARM SoCs.
Reducing the attack surface with pure embedded Go.

https://media.ccc.de/v/36c3-10597-tamago_-_bare_metal_go_framework_for_arm_socs

However I see I keep wasting my time on D forums.