Kernel buffer overflow exposes iPhone 11 Pro to radio based attacks

Abdulhaq alynch4047 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 16:52:30 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 3 December 2020 at 14:53:10 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 December 2020 at 14:08:45 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>>
>> "TamaGo - bare metal Go framework for ARM SoCs.
>> Reducing the attack surface with pure embedded Go.
>>
>> https://media.ccc.de/v/36c3-10597-tamago_-_bare_metal_go_framework_for_arm_socs
>>
>> However I see I keep wasting my time on D forums.
>
> You can go and do programming in TamaGo anytime than waste you
> time here.
>
> Go is similar to D that it requires a runtime in order to have
> most useful features. It would be interesting to know how big
> this runtime is. This is also not really a kernel but baremetal
> framework + app support, which can have interesting
> applications.
>
> What I have seen is that D + runtime is too big for any kernel
> right now.

Mmmm, human lives are more and more becoming dependent on the
safe and reliable operation of hardware and software. "Small"
bugs can cause a cascade of downstream hazards to thousands of
people. "My programming language must have unions" and "I really
really want the kernel to be small" will eventually not be
acceptable excuses for non-maximally-safe software, whether it's
a kernel or not.