My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Sat Dec 5 10:02:40 UTC 2020

On 3 Dec 2020 at 12:14:57 CET, "Andre Pany" <andre at s-e-a-p.de> wrote:

> For me it is every line coding I write, whether it feels good or
> painful. I do not know any other language which makes me as
> productive and happy as D.

>From our experience if you want to get things done in a team, on a product
that lasts for years and needs to be maintained, where you want to reduce any
tricks, complicated language constructs, etc. Golang really adds a lot to the
game.

As I wrote somewhere else, Golang's focus is not a technical featureism
driven, they have a commercial, company perspective. It's not about does it
feel good for me or so. It's just highly productive and straightforward...

I think this is the USP of Golang and it looks not many (if at all) other
languages and eco-systems have such a clear focus on these topics.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com