My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sat Dec 5 16:31:50 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 5 December 2020 at 10:02:40 UTC, Robert M. Münch
wrote:
> On 3 Dec 2020 at 12:14:57 CET, "Andre Pany" <andre at s-e-a-p.de>
> wrote:
>
>> For me it is every line coding I write, whether it feels good
>> or painful. I do not know any other language which makes me as
>> productive and happy as D.
>
> From our experience if you want to get things done in a team,
> on a product that lasts for years and needs to be maintained,
> where you want to reduce any tricks, complicated language
> constructs, etc. Golang really adds a lot to the game.
>
> As I wrote somewhere else, Golang's focus is not a technical
> featureism driven, they have a commercial, company perspective.
> It's not about does it feel good for me or so. It's just highly
> productive and straightforward...
>
> I think this is the USP of Golang and it looks not many (if at
> all) other languages and eco-systems have such a clear focus on
> these topics.

 From my daily experience I can confirm that for exactly the
scenario you describe D is working extremely well.
Maintaining a D code base over years in a multi teams project is
a pleasant job.

The advertising Golang does might be a lot
Better than D, but it in my experience it is just the
advertisement.

Kind regards
Andre