My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Sun Dec 6 18:52:36 UTC 2020

On 5 Dec 2020 at 22:07:52 CET, "Ola Fosheim Grostad"
<ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com> wrote:

> As a language, completely uninteresting.

That's its USP.

Go as a language is totally boring, mostly a no-brainer. Yes, you have to
write more code, but so what. It's so straight forward, that it doesn't put
any brain strain on the programmer. Exactly what they want it to be.

With some C background you learn Go in 1h and can read it mostly instantly.
Even the CSP multi threaded part is easy to get into.

> As an ecosystem, very useful. Lighter than Java, still solid runtime.

And things most of the time just work. Add an import, use the lib, done.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com