Can D used for BIG-HUGE projects?

Godnyx rempas at tutanota.com
Sat Dec 19 09:13:00 UTC 2020

I've find a comment in a post comparing C++ with D and someone
said that D can't be used for big projects cause you will face
problems with it and the community nobody will help you other
than "just don't use const", "we
haven't developed a concensus yet", "we can't convince Walter",
etc.

Is that true? And if yes can someone make some examples of what
problems we're going to face? I'm asking that cause I'm learning
programming (I'm close to complete my first year) and I'm
planning to use D for big projects in the future and if I'm gonna
have problems with that, I would like to know why. Also are there
any big D project (rather than Dub and the compilers themselves
of course)